Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's still crunch time!!

Yesterday some of us dropped by Disney Studios for the Inspire Days held there. We got to attend various panels covering everything from 2d and 3D animation to Layout and Story. The highlight however was the visit to the Feature Animation Studio, and my freaking God. It was awesome. I haven't felt so happy and giddy leaving a place since my first trip to Calarts. We saw Mario Furmanczyk's cube and his Princess and the Frog footage chart, and man, it was amazing to see how far he's come. Once a student at Calarts and now animating on the feature bringing 2d animation back to the big screen. It was amazing! We also saw Jen Hager's chart, another graduate from 06.

It was really super inspiring and I'm set to work as hard as I can to improve! Although I'm unsure I'll always feel this way... I think I want to become a feature animator! But I need to learn how to draw better first- my draftsmanship is sorely lacking... But eitherway, I'm inspired as hell and all of you should be looking very forward to Princess and the Frog, coming this November!

Anyway, I need to get back to film production. It's still crunch time which means more sleep deprivation than usual. With that, I'll leave this post with my animation assignments from last semester in Mike Nguyen's class.

2 comments:

Ellen Yu said...

Carlos!

Stop being so awesome! :p

The Ivanator said...

superb animation! Love it!